Property Owners – The STAR program
The STAR program can save homeowners hundreds of dollars each year. You only need to register once, and the Tax Department will send you a STAR credit check each year, as long as you’re eligible. See the STAR resource center (https://www.tax.ny.gov/star) to learn more.
You should register for the STAR credit if you are:
- a new homeowner;
- receiving the STAR exemption but want to switch to the STAR credit;
- a manufactured homeowner who received a letter that you must register for the STAR credit to continue receiving a STAR benefit (Form RP-425-RMM);
- an existing homeowner who is not receiving the STAR exemption or credit; or
- a senior who may be eligible for the Enhanced STAR credit. (Note: If you are already receiving the STAR credit, you do not need to register again. You will automatically receive the Enhanced STAR credit if you are eligible.)
You should register for the STAR credit as soon as your home becomes your primary residence. If you’re switching to the STAR credit from the STAR exemption, see Deadline to switch to the STAR credit from the STAR exemption (https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/star/deadlines-by-municipality/).
Senior Citizens and STAR
Seniors receiving Enhanced STAR benefits are not affected by the new registration requirement. In order to continue to receive Enhanced STAR, seniors must continue to:
- apply annually, or
- participate in the Income Verification Program
Address Change Request Form
Address Change Request Form should be filled out, printed, signed. This form can either be mailed to the above listed below, faxed to the number listed below or scanned and emailed to the Assessor’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessor, Town of Hardenburgh
51 Rider Hollow Rd, Arkville NY 12406
Fax #: (845) 586-3135
Assessor Office Hours:
By appointment only